Friday, January 4, 2019

Man Thing - The MCU Cut



 I like to play MCOC (Marvel Contest of Champions) and the recent event with Man Thing inspired me to take a crack at this movie again. I had watched it as part of my plan to make a Midnight Sons movie, but after watching the Swamp Thing series, I wanted to re-cut this movie to refocus it on the original origin of Man Thing, Ted Sallis, who was a scientist researching in the swamp when he was betrayed by his partners. Yes, it's ridiculous how similar the origin is to Swamp Thing, but it also made it somewhat easy to translate it from the show to this film.

The 2005 film had changed him to Native American chief for some reason, so I removed those references.  I have added in a new origin series and credit sequence from Swamp Thing, and a lot of the soundtrack of that series as well. I also threw in a couple of post-credits scenes to make it more MCU-esque... Legion of Monsters!


No comments:

Post a Comment